1. Regulations that arise to ensure that firms take responsibility for the social costs of their products or production processes stem from which reason for government legislation of business? To protect the interests of society
2. A “three-day cooling off period” in which buyers can cancel a contract after re-thinking it is to protect the consumer from: high pressure selling
3. One of the most promising developments in multivariable segmentation is called _____ where a host of demographic and socioeconomic factors are used geodemographic segmentation
4. One of the most common problems with using internal database information is that :
it was probably collected for some other purpose, it may be incomplete or wrong.
5. The last stage in the selling process is the _____ stage. follow-up
6. When Coca-Cola and Nestle formed a joint venture to market a ready-to-drink coffee and tea worldwide, the type of marketing system that was formed would best be described as being a(n):
horizontal marketing system
7. The major advantage of survey research is its : flexibility
8. The _____ holds that consumers will favor products that are available and highly affordable (therefore, work on improving production and distribution efficiency) production concept
9. A ____ is any activity or benefit offered for sale that is essentially intangible and does not result in the ownership of anything service
10. _____ is a person’s distinguishing psychological characteristics that lead to relatively consistent and lasting responses to his or her own environment Personality
11. The place in the business buying behavior model where interpersonal and individual influence might interact is called the buying center
12. The course of a product’s sales and profits over its lifetime is called:- the product life cycle
13. When companies make marketing decisions by considering consumer’s wants and the long-run interests of the company, consumer, and the general population, they are practicing which of the following principles?
14. All of the following are thought to be sources if new product ideas EXCEPT. the local library
15. If Honda uses its company name to cover such different products as its automobiles, lawn mowers, and motorcycles, it is practicing which of the following strategies? brand extension strategy
16. If a company (considering its options on the product/market expansion grid) chooses to move into different unrelated fields (from what it has ever done before) with new products as a means to stimulate growth, the company would be following which of the following general strategies? diversification
17. When a marketing research organization chooses a segment of the population that represents the population as a whole, they have chosen a _____ sample
18. Joining with foreign companies to produce or market products and services is called :- joint venturing
19. If advertising constantly sends out messages about materialism, sex, power, and status, which of the following categories of social criticism most closely matches this problem? Cultural pollution
20. A(n) ____ is a name, term, sign, symbol, or design, or a combination of these that identifies the marker or seller of a product or service. brand
21. If an advertiser wants flexibility, timeliness, good local market coverage, broad acceptability and high believability, the advertiser will probably choose which of the following mass media types? Newspapers
22. When producers, wholesalers, and retailers as a unified system, they comprise a:- vertical marketing system
23. The type of trade-promotion discount in which manufacturers agree to reduce the price to the retailer in exchange for the retailer’s agreement to feature the manufacture’s products in some way is called :- allowance
24. The study of human populations in terms of size, density, location, age, gender, race, occupation, and other statistics is called : Demography
25. Today, advertising captures about ___ percent of total promotion spending:- 23
26. The process that turns marketing strategies and plans into marketing actions in order to accomplish strategic marketing objectives is called : Marketing implementation
27. The goal of the marketing logistics system should be to provide : a targeted level of customer service at the least cost.
28. The practice of going after a large share of a smaller market or subsets of a few markets is called :
29. The shrinking of distances due to technological advance such as computer and fax connections by telephone, are one characteristic of what new challenge to marketing? Rapid globalization
30. If Mark Mars pays Hershey Foods Corporation for the right to use their name on his line of T-shirts, then Mr. Mars is using which type of branding? Licensed brand
31. If your company were to make light bulbs to be used in photocopies, you would most likely be selling to a ______ market. business
32. ___ has the advantage of being high in selectivity; low cost, immediacy, and interactive capabilities:- Online
33. If your company were to make a product such as a suit of clothes and sold that product to a retailer, your company would have sold to the _______market. reseller
34. In 1985, the Coca-Cola Company made a classic marketing blunder with its deletion of its popular Coca-Cola product and introduction of what it called New Coke. Analysts now believe that most of the company’s problems resulted from poor marketing research. As the public demanded their “old Coke” back, the company relented and reintroduced Coca-Cola Classic (which has regained and surpassed its former position) while New Coke owns only 0.1 percent of the market. Which of the following marketing research mistakes did coca-Cola make?
(a) They did not investigate pricing correctly and priced the product too high.
(b) They defined not investigate dealer reaction and had inadequate distribution.
(c) They defined their marketing research problem too narrowly
(d) They failed to account for the Pepsi challenge taste test in their marketing efforts Ans : C
35. Marketers are sometimes accused of deceptive practices that lead consumers to believe they will get get more value than they actually do. ____ includes practices such as falsely advertising “factory” or “wholesale” prices or a large price reduction from a phony high retail price. Deceptive pricing
36. The advantages of audience selectivity, no ad competition and personalization apply to which type of media? Direct Mail
37. The first modern environmental movement in the United States began in the Ans : 1960s and 1970s
38. Costs that do not vary with production or sales levels are called : fixed costs
39. Each salesperson is assigned to an exclusive area in which to sell the company’s full line of products or services in which type of sales force structure? Territorial sales force
40. Techonological advances, shifts in consumer tastes, and increased competition, all of which reduce demand for a product are typical of which stage in the PLC? decline stage
41. Setting the promotion budget so as to match the budgets of the competition is characteristic of which of the following budget methods? Competitive-and-parity method
42. ____ is screening new-product ideas in order to spot good ideas and drop poor ones as soon as possible.
43. The type of sales force structure in which the sales force sells along product lines is called a:- product sales force
44. A company is in the _____ stage of the new product development process when the company develops the product concept into a physical product in order to assure that the product idea can be turned into a workable product.: product development
45. When personal interviewing involves inviting six to ten people to gather for a few hours with a trained interviewer to talk about a product, service, or organization, the method is called : focus group interviewing
46. All of the following factors can affect the attractiveness of a market segment EXCEPT :
(a) the presence of many strong and aggressive competitors (b) the likelihood of government monitoring
(c) actual or potential substitute products (d) the power of buyers in the segment Ans : B
47. If a government uses barriers to foreign products such as biases against a foreign company’s bids, or product standards that go against a foreign company’s product features, the government is using:- non-tariff trade barriers
48. The choice between high markups and high volume is part of which of the following retailer marketing decisions? Pricing decisions
49. One common misuse of marketing research findings in contemporary business is the tendency for marketing research to : become a vehicle for pitching the sponsor’s products
50. The most logical budget setting method is found in the list below. Which is it? Objective-and-task method(10 questions are extra)