Important General Awareness Questions for SBI Bank P.O & other Competitive examination
151. Which super luxury carmaker on 7 April 2011 unveiled Continental GT sedan in India? Bentley
152. Which Indian states celebrated its 75th State Foundation Day at Sri Sathya Sai International Centre on Lodhi Road on 1 April 2011?. Odisha
153. Om Puri decided to turn director with a film adaptation of the much loved Punjabi novel Eho Hamara Jeevna. Name the author who won a Sahitya Akademy Award in 1972 for this novel.. Dalip Kaur Tiwana
154. At the 13th London Asian Film Festival, the movie I AM bagged the Best Film award on 27 March 2011. Juhi Chawla received the Best Actress award for her performance in the movie. Who is the director of the movie? Onir
155. Read the following statement/statements is/are not true
1. The Union Health and Family Planning Ministry has finalised the National Health Research Policy in April 2011.
156. The policy aims to overcome the weaknesses of the publicly funded health structures that restricted research in priority health areas.
157. The policy proposed to ensure at least 5.6 per cent of the national health funding is utilised for research.
4. The Policy envisaged creation of an overarching National Health Research Management Forum having representation from all stakeholders and will function from the Department of Health Research. Only 3
158. The Rajasthan Government signed a memorandum of understanding with which public sector companies for construction of 26 road over-bridges (ROBs) at an estimated cost of Rs.892 crore? Ircon International
159. The 9th SAARC Conference in Police Matters was held on 5 & 6 April 2011 in which cities of the world?
160. Which news paper's coverage of the secret U.S. diplomatic cables released by WikiLeaks has won it recognition as Britain's Newspaper of the Year at the prestigious 2011 Press Awards given on 5 April 2011?
161. Personalities Field of Work
1. Sujatha A. Instrument (veena player)
2. Dennis A. La Fontaine B. Journalist
3. Ajit Bhattacharjea C. Former Chief of Air Staff
4. Kalpakam Swaminathan D. South Indian Actress
A B C D
a. 4 3 2 1
b. 3 1 4 2
c. 2 3 1 4
d. 4 1 3 2 Answer: (a)
162. The Prime Minister of Kuwait Sheikh Nasser Mohammed along with his cabinet resigned on 29 March 2011 because of corruption charges against him. What is the capital of Kuwait? Kuwait City
163. Honduras Dropped Arrest Warrants for its Former President Manuel Zelaya. Where is Honduras located?
164. NATO decided to take over all the International operations in Libya. What is the full form of NATO?
North Atlantic Treaty Organisation
165. Civil War Broke-out in Ivory Coast Demanding Laurent Gbagbo's Resignation as its ruler. Ivory Coast is in__. West Africa
166. Noted Social worker Anna Hazare on 5 April 2011 started his hunger strike at Jantar Mantar in New Delhi to protest against the reported delay in bringing in which bills to effectively deal with corruption? Lokpal Bill
167. Which Bollywood Actress won the Best Actress trophy at the 13th London Asian Film Festival for her performance in Onir's I AM? Juhi Chawla
168. Which Indian cricket players took the highest number of wickets in the recently concluded ICC World Cup 2011 along with Pakistan's Shahid Afridi? Harbhajan Singh
169. Praveen Kumar Tripathi took over as the Chief Secretary of which governments on 4 April 2011?
170. The Union Government gifted a Kendriya Vidyalaya to a nondescript village Indrapura to which Indian states? Rajasthan
171. The Supreme Court on 5 April 2011 passed an order to lift iron export ban imposed by which Indian states on 26 July 2010 and also ordered it to implement the new rules for regulating iron ore mining and transportation? Karnataka
172. Under the Godfrey Phillips Zonal Bravery Awards given away by the former ruler of Jodhpur, Gaj Singh in Jaipur on 5 April 2011, which NGOs was honoured with the Amodhini Award of Rs.1 lakh? Udyogini
173. Which Indian hockey player was in April 2011 named captain of the Indian Hockey team the upcoming Sultan Azlan Shah Cup scheduled to be played in Malaysia from 5-15 May 2011? Arjun Halappa
174. Gangaur, a festival which marks the union of Lord Shiva and his consort, Goddess Parvati is celebrated for 18 days from the day after Holi in which Indian states? Rajasthan
175. Which one of the following Indian states recently released a Braille version of the RTI (Right to Information) Act and its rules for the benefit of visually challenged? Gujarat
176. The Gujarat Government banned controversial book, entitled Great Soul: Mahatma Gandhi and his struggle with India. Who is the author of the book? Joseph Lelyveld
177. Which state imposed a blanket ban on plastic bags? Delhi
178. Ace Indian badminton player Saina Nehwal regained the number three ranking in the latest world ranking released by the Badminton World Federation (BFW) in March 2011. Which badminton player topped the BFW world ranking? Shixian Wang
179. Which Formula One drivers won the season-opening Australian Grand Prix on 27 March 2011 by outpacing McLaren's Lewis Hamilton? Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull)
180. Jharkhand's Gurmeet Singhwon the gold medal having lifted a total of 305kg (140,165) at the 63rd men's senior National weightlifting championships which concluded at the Sree Kanteerava Stadium on 27 March 2011. Which one of the following teams won the title at the senior National weightlifting championships? Services Sports Control Board
181. India defeated Pakistan by 29 runs in the semi finals of the ICC World Cup 2011 played at Mohali. Who was declared man of the match of the high powered game? Sachin Tendulkar
182. Which chess players upstaged top seed Ram Prakash to win the Rs. 10 lakh CAI National A chess championship on 30 March 2011? Ravi Kumar
183. Which Australian cricketer was appointed Australia's Test and one-day captain on 30 March 2011? Michael Clarke
184. Read the following statements regarding FSLRC
1. Indian government on 24 March 2011 constituted 11member Financial Sector Legislative Reforms Commission (FSLRC).
2. The 11-member commission will be headed by former PFRDA Chairman D Swaroop.
3. The commission will examine the architecture of the legislative and regulatory system governing the financial sector in India.
4. It will study the interplay of exchange controls under SEBI and IRDA Policy with other regulatory regimes within the financial sector.
Which of the above mentioned statements are not true? 2 & 4
185. The Indian government in end March 2011 announced its decision to create Rs 2,500-crore corpus for technology modernization of which by 2012? Micro, small and medium units
186. National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC Ltd) and Indian Ministry of Power signed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for the year 2011-12 on 27 March in New Delhi. What is the current total installed capacity of NTPC? 33694 MW
187. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs cleared two major foreign direct investment (FDI) proposals including that of Hero Investments Pvt. Ltd. (HIPL), a part of the Hero Group, and Reckitt Benckiser's plan. What is the total worth of the FDI proposals cleared by the government? Rs 7800 crore
188. Commodity exchange regulator Forward Markets Commission (FMC) in March end 2011 finally agreed to give six more months to which bourses to resurrect its equity structure? NMCE
189. Tehri Hydro Development Corporation (THDC) India Ltd commissioned the first unit of its 400-Mw Koteshwar hydel project in March 2011.Koteshwar Hydro-Electric Project is located 22 Km downstream of Tehri Dam on which rivers? Bhagirathi
190. According to the Engineering Export Promotion Council (EEPC) data by what percentage did engineering export grow in month of February 2011? 75%
191. Which one of the following companies became the first major online retailer to offer cloud-based media storage and streaming to unlimited web or Android devices with a free basic plan? Amazon
192. State-owned carrier Air India announced on 29 March 2011 that it completed the first milestone of its modernization process with the migration of Air India and Indian Airlines to SITA's Horizon Passenger Service System (PSS). When did Air India sign contract with SITA for the same? April 2010
193. NYSE listed US-based International Paper decided to buy up to 75% stake in which for up to $423 million, in the first significant domestic acquisition by a foreign paper company? AP Paper Mills
194. Sistema Shyam Teleservices issued over 54.73-crore equity shares to which governments at 17.14 per cent stake against $600 million received in December 2010 on 30 March 2011? Russian government
195. Which telecom tower makers launched a service centre in partnership with the government to provide educational, financial, healthcare, egovernance, telecom and other services to the rural population? Viom Networks
196. Thrissur-based Kalyan Jewellers in March 2011 roped in which former Miss India and current Bollywood actress as its brand ambassador to endorse bridal jewellery Sangalp? Sushmita Sen
197. Which companies on 29 March 2011 signed an agreement to acquire Royal Dutch Shell's Stanlow refinery in NorthWest England for $350 million? Essar Energy
198. India and Pakistan on 30 May 2011 began talks with Defence Secretaries of both countries leading delegations aimed at demilitarizing which glaciers? Siachen glacier
199. India has got a "positive response" from the visiting German Foreign Minister who is also the Vice-Chancellor of the country, for a commitment of support on full membership of the Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG). Name the visiting German Foreign Minister. Guido Westerwelle
200. Prakash Chandra, a 1973-batch Indian Revenue Services (IT) officer took over as the head of which body on 31 March 2011? Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT)