1. Buffer is device/storage area– 1. Where data are temporarily stored 2. Where data is permanently stored 3. Where data error occurs 4. All of the above 5. None of these
2. A network geometric arrangement in which a single connecting line is shared by a number of nodes is called–
1. Car Topology 2. Bus Topology 3. Truck Topology 4. All of the above 5. None of these
3. An error in a computer program is referred as–1. Bug 2. Bit 3. Virus 4. All of the above 5. None of these
4. Circuits that provide a communication path between two or more devices of a digital computer system is–
1. Car 2. Bus 3. Truck 4. All of the above 5. None of these
5. A fixed number of adjacent bits that represent a particular character or symbol are referred as–
1. Byte 2. Octal 3. Bubble 4. All of the above 5. None of these
6. Cache memory is a–1. Small buffer storage 2. Permanent storage 3. Main memory 4. All of the above 5. None of these
7. The total number of digits (symbols) available to represent numbers in a positional number system is referred as–
1. Number system 2. Base 3. Power 4. All of the above 5. None of these
8. Cache memory is–1. Smaller and faster than main storage 2. Bigger and slower than main storage 3. Smaller but slower than main memory 4. Bigger and faster than main memory 5. None of these
9. Cache memory–
1. Is a Static RAM 2. Increases the speed of processing by making current programs and data available to the CPU at a rapid rate 3. Both 1. and 2. are true . 4. Both 1. and 2. are false 5. None of these
10. Following is false for BASIC–1. Beginners All-Purpose Symbolic Instruction Code 2. High-level interactive programming language 3. Works in time sharing environment 4. Low level object oriented language 5. None of these
11. A unit for measuring data transmission speed that describes the capacity of a carrier is referred as–
1. Baud 2. Bit 3. Bond 4. All of the above 5. Batch
12. A process of trying out a new product by independent users before it is finally manufactured/developed–
1. Alpha test 2. Beta Test 3. Gamma test 4. All of the above 5. None of these
13. A selection, choice, or condition involving two possibilities is referred as–
1. Unary 2. Binary 3. Octal 4. All of the above 5. None of these
14. Base band System is–1. A networking system 2. Where the channel support a single digital signal 3. Both 1. and 2. are true 4. All of the above 5. None is true
15. One of the early coding systems, based on the idea of converting each digit of a decimal number into its binary equivalent rather than converting the entire decimal value into a pure binary form is–1. ASCII code 2. BCD 3. ASCII-8 4. All of the above 5. None of these
16. In Batch processing–
1. Several computer programs runs one after another without human interaction to run each program individually
2. Several computer programs runs one after another with human interaction to run each program individually
3. Selected computer programs runs one after another with human interaction to run each program individually
4. All of the above 5. None is true
17. BISYNC is–1. Binary synchronous 2. A process of transmitting data 3. A half-duplex, character oriented, synchronous data communication transmission method 4. All of the above 5. None of these
18. A device that is used to transmit data from one location to another is referred as–1. Storage 2. Memory 3. Carrier 4. All of the above 5. None of these
19. Programs developed by an outside supplier and provided to the user in a machine readable form is known as–
1. Canned programs 2. Beta program 3. Alpha program 4. All of the above 5. None of these
20. A binary numbers are represented by–
1. Digits 0 and 1 2. Digits 0, 1, ... 8 3. Digits AB, C,... 4. All of the above 5. None of these
21. BIOS is responsible for 1. Handling the particulars of input/output operations 2. Output operations 3. Input operations
4. All of the above 5. None of these
22. BIOS is an abbreviation for–1. Binary Input/Binary Output 2. Binary synchronous 3. Binary digit 4. All of the above 5. None of these
23. BISYNC is an abbreviation for–1. Binary Input/Binary Output 2. Binary synchronous 3. Binary digit 4. All of the above 5. None of these
24. The overall design, construction, organiz-ation and interconnecting of the various components of a computer system is referred as–1. Computer Architecture 2. Computer Flowchart 3. Computer Algorithm 4. All of the above 5. None of these
25. A number system with a base of two is referred as–1. Unary number system 2. Binary number system 3. Octal number system 4. All of the above 5. None of these
1. (1) 2. (2) 3. (1) 4. (2) 5. (1) 6. (1) 7. (2) 8. (1) 9. (3) 10. (4) 11. (1) 12. (2) 13. (2) 14. (3) 15. (2) 16. (1) 17. (4) 18. (3) 19. (1) 20. (1) 21. (1) 22. (1) 23. (1) 24. (1) 25. (2)
IBPS CLERKS EXAM PRACTICE QUESTIONS
1. Which of the following statements is FALSE concerning file names?
(a) Files may share the same name or same extension but not both
(b) Every file in the same folder must have a unique name
(c) File extension is another name for file type
(d) The file extension comes before the dot (.) followed by the file name (e) None of the above
2. Which of the following would most likely NOT be a symptom of a virus ?
(a) Existing program files and icons disappear (b) The CD-ROM stops functioning (c) The Web browser opens to an unusual home page (d) Odd messages or images are displayed on the screen (e) None of the above
3. Main memory is (a) Random Access Memory (b) Read only Memory (c) Serial Access Memory (d) Storage Memory (e) None of the above
4. A compact disc (CD) is a data storage of the type (a) Magnetic (b) Optical (c) Electrical (d) Electromechanical (e) None of these
5. What are the two basic types of memory that your computer uses ?
(a) RAM (b) RW/ RAM (C) ROM (d) ERAM (e) POST
6. A computer with CPU speed around 100 million Instructions per second with the word length of Around 64 bits is known as (a) Super computer (b) Mini computer (c) Micro computer (d) Macro computer (e) None of these
7. To locate a data items for storage is (a) Field (b) Feed (c) Database (d) Fetch (e) None of these
8. A type of line printer that uses embossed steel band to form the letters printed on the paper is (a) Golf ball printer (b) Dot-matrix printer (c) Laser printer (d) Band printer (e) None of these
9. The chip, used in computers, is made of (a) Chromium (b) Iron oxide (c) Silica (d) Silicon (e) None of these
10. The size of commonly used Floppy disk is (a) 4.5" (b) 3.5" (c) 3.25" (d) 5.5" (e) None of these
11. Operating system of a computer (a) Enables the programmer to draw a flow chart (b) Links a program with subroutine with references (c) Provides a layer, user friendly interface (d) Hardware of computer (e) None of the above
12. Wild card operators specifies (a) Can be used when writing into multiple files (b) Allows several files to be read simultaneously (c) Provide an easy way of groups of related files (d) Are only used when printing the contents of a file (e) None of the above
13. Most Websites have a main page, the ...... which acts as a doorway to the rest of the Web side pages.
(a) Search engine (b) Home page (C) Browser (d) URL (e) None of these
14. Which of the following is not true about Computer files? (a) They are collections of data saved to a storage medium (b) Every file has a file name (c) A file extension is established by the user to indicate the file's contents (d) Files usually contain data (e) None of the above
15. What type of computer could be found in a digital watch? (a) Mainframe computer (b) Super computer (c) Embedded computer (d) Note book computer (e) Micro computer
16. This process is used by large retailers to study trends. (a) Data mining (b) Data selection (C) POS (d) Data conversion
(e) None of the above
17. This system is a small, wireless handheld computer that scans an items tag and pulls up the current price (and any special offers) as you shop. (a) PSS (b) POS (C) Inventory (d) Data mining (e) None of these
18. Which of the following is NOT one of the four major data processing functions of a computer ?
(a) Gathering data (b) Processing data into information (c) Analyzing the data or information (d) Storing the data or information (e) None of the above
19. Surgeons can perform delicate operations by manipulating devices through computers instead of manually. This technology is known as (a) Robotics (b) Computer forensics (C) Simulation (d) Forecasting (e) None of these
20. It is the study of molecules and structures whose size ranges from 1 to 100 Nano metres (a) Nano science (b) Microelectrodes (C) Computer forensics (d) Artificial intelligence (e) None of the above
Monday, 19 September 2011
IBPS CLERKS EXAM PRACTICE QUESTIONS
1. _____Is a program which reproduces itself? a) Virus b) Software c) a and b d) None
2. ____Viruses that aim at the boot sector of a hard drive are infect-ing a very crucial component of the boot process?
a) File infection virus b) Boot virus c) Network virus d) E-mail virus
3. _____Is the virus that they will attach themselves to EXE files, compressed files like ZIP files and driver files?
a) File infector virus b) Boot virus c) Network virus d) E-mail virus
4. _____Is the virus, which is uniquely created to quickly spread throughout the local area network?
a) File infector virus b)Boot virus c) Network virus d) E-mail virus
5. Which of the following are the main purposes of an operating system?
a) To provide an environment for a computer user to execute programs on a computer hardware in a convenient and efficient manner
b) To allocate separate resources of the computer as needed to solve the problem given
c) Supervision of the executions of user programs to prevent errors and improper use of computer d) All of the above
6. Define acronym 'spooling'? a) Simultaneous Peripheral Operation On-line b) Simultaneous Peripheral Operation Off-line
c) Simultaneous Peripheral Organization On-line d) System Peripheral Operation On-line
7. Several programs are in a memory concurrently; the syste-m switches among the programs for efficient processing and minimal idle time is called____? a) Multi tasking b) Multi programming c) Multi functioning d) None of the above
8. ____ Is the using scheduling and multiprogramming to provide an economical interactive system of two or more users?
a) Time sharing b)Time changing c) Processing d) None
9. ____Is a system with two or more central processing units?
a) No definition b) Multi processor c) Double processor d) None
10. ____ Is the system where fast response is desirable, but not required? a) Real time systems b) Time sharing systems c) a and b d) None
11. ____Is the system where processing must be completed with in certain time constraints appropriate for the system?
a) Real time systems b) Time sharing systems c) a and b d) None
12. ____Is the smallest block that can be read or written on a disk? a) Sector b) Track c) Disk d) None of the above
13. ____Is the collection of sectors all as same circumference on a single surface? a) Track b) Sector c) Disk d) None of the above
14. ____Is the time interval when a process uses Central Processing Unit only? a) CPU burst b) I/O burst c) (a)And(b) d) Either (a)or(b)
15. ____Is the time interval when a process uses I/O devices only? a) CPU burst b) I/O burst c) (a)And(b) d) Either (a)or(b)
16. ____Is simply consists of one or more attributes that determine other attributes? a) Lock b) Database c) Key d) None of the above
17. Be unique is the characteristic of the ____key? a) Primary b) Secondary c) Foreign d) Candidate
18. A unique key can uniquely identify each ____ in a table? a) Field b) Row c) File d) Database
19. ____Is a database that treats all of its data as a collection of relations?
a) Relational database b) Rational database c) a and b d) None
20. ____Is the precise set of instructions that describes how to perform a specific tasks?
a) Algorithm b) Graph c) Pie chart d) None of the above
21. Which of the following is a programming language? a) MS-Word b) C++ c) Access d) Power point
22. ____Is the process of writing the programs is commonly called? a) Software b) Coding c) Debugging d) None
23. ____Is the special program that converts programming language instructions into machine level instructions?
a) Modem b) Central Processing Unit c) Compiler d)None of the above
24. After the program has been complied, the resulting set of instructions is called?
a) Final result b) Information c) Executable code d) Source code
25. Which of the following is presen-tation application software? a) MS-Power point b) MS-Word c) MS-Excel d) MS-Access
26. ____Is a specific combination of a microprocessor family and an operating system?
a) Platform b) Operating system c) Central Processing Unit d) None of the above
27. ____Platform comprises a windows operating system and an intel or intel compatible microprocessor?
a) Wintel b) Macintosh c) Normal platform d) Java platform
28. Application software is? a) System specific b) User specific c) Platform specific d) None
29. An operating system runs multiple applications simultan-eously known as? a) Multi tasking b) Multi programming c) Programming d) None of the above
30. Which of the following language use interpreter? a) C++ b) COBOL c) BASIC d) All of the above
31. ____Is a database program that stores information that can be manipulated, stored and filtered to meet your specific needs? a) Access b) Power point c) Excel d) None of the above
32. ____Creates multimedia presen-tations to display information in a graphical format?
a) Access b) Power point c) Excel d) None of the above
33. ____Allows you develop spreadsheets that display data in various tabular and visual formats?
a) Access b) Power point c) Excel d) None of the above
34. FORTRAN is? a) Formula translation b) Formula generation c) Format generation d) Format translation
35. EEPROM stands for? a) Electrically Erasable Program-mable Read Only Memory b) Electrically Erasable Program-mable Run Only Memory c) Electrically Efficiently Progr-ammed Read Only Memory d) Efficiently Erasable Program-mable Read Only Memory
36. ____Generation computers are very big in size with less memory a) Third Generation b) Fourth Generation c) First Generation d) Fifth Generation
37. EBCDIC stands for? a) Extended Binary Cut Decimal Interchange Code b) Extended Binary Coded Dedicated Interchange Code c) Extended Binary Coded Decimal Inner Code d) Extended Binary Coded Decimal Interchange Code
38. Computer can do everything except? a) Processing b) Storing c) Analyzing d) Own decisions
39. ____Is a data model in which the data is organized into a tree like structure? a) Hierarchical database model b) Sequential model c) Dimensional model d) None
40. SQL stands for? a) Structured Quest Language b) System Query Language c) Structured Query Language d) Standard Query Language
1) a 2) b 3) a 4) c 5) d 6) a 7) b 8) a 9) b 10) b 11) a 12) a 13) a 14) a 15) b 16) c 17) a 18) b 19) a 20) a 21) b 22) b 23) c 24) c 25) a 26) a 27) a 28) c 29) a 30) c 31) a 32) b 33) c 34) a 35) a 36) c 37) d 38) d 39) a 40) c