On-line Applications are invited from eligible candidates who must be Indian Citizens for selection and appointment as Apprentice Development Officers in the jurisdiction of the various Divisional Offices under various Zonal Office.
An Apprentice Development Officer will have to undergo Theoretical & Field Sales Training and on successful completion of apprenticeship and if found suitable for appointment to the service of the Corporation in accordance with the rules may be appointed as Development Officer on probation subject to conditions framed by the Corporation.
A Probationary Development Officer at a specified Headquarter in the area will be placed in the scale of 11535-700(2)-12935-825(2)-14585-840(17)-28865 plus allowances and other benefits as per rules in force.
It is clarified that appointment as Apprentice Development Officer does not by itself confer any right on the candidates to be appointed as Probationary Development Officer.
i) For Employees category and Agents category in both Urban and Rural area- Applicant shall possess the Bachelor’s Degree of a University in India established under a statute or a foreign university approved for the purpose or the Fellowship of Insurance Institute of India, Mumbai.
ii) An applicant from Others category for recruitment as an Apprentice Development Officer in both Urban and Rural area shall possess the Bachelor’s Degree of a University in India established under a statute or a foreign university approved for the purpose or the Fellowship of Insurance Institute of India, Mumbai.
Preference may be given to those applicants who possess Masters Degree in Business Administration in Marketing or Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing from a University in India established under Statute or by an Institute approved by All India Council for Technical Education or a recognized Institution.
Note: Recognized Institution means such Institution as may be recognized by any State Government or the Central Government.
(i) The applicant shall have completed 21 years of age (in completed years) and not more than 30 years of age (in completed years) as on 01.11.2012.
Selection will be made on the basis of on-line test followed by an Interview of candidates who qualify in the on-line test.
On-line test will be of objective type, multiple choice of two hours duration comprising of the following two papers:
1. Test of Reasoning and Numerical Ability.
2. General Knowledge, Current Affairs and English Language with Special emphasis on Grammar and Vocabulary.
Candidate MUST pass in each paper separately and should also obtain minimum marks in the aggregate of the two papers to qualify for the interview. The minimum marks to be obtained in each paper and in the aggregate shall be decided by LIC of India. The marks obtained by the candidate in each paper and in the aggregate shall be arrived at after deduction of the marks for wrong answers. LIC of India reserves the right to fix the minimum eligibility standard in order to restrict the number of candidates to be called for the On-line Test and/or Interview, commensurate with number of vacancies. Decision of the Corporation in this regard shall be final and binding on the candidates. No correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
Interview: Successful candidate will be eligible to be called for an Interview. Candidate who does not obtain the minimum qualifying marks in the Interview shall be disqualified from further selection.
Selected candidate will be appointed as Apprentice Development Officer subject to him/her being found medically fit by the Medical Examiner authorized by LIC for the purpose.
Date of On-line test:
On-line test will be held at the following centres, tentatively on Saturday, 02.02.2013 and Sunday, 03.02.2013.
Before joining as Apprentice Development Officer, candidates will be required to give an undertaking to serve the Corporation for a minimum period of four years from the date of joining (including apprenticeship period) failing which he/she will be liable to pay liquidated damages of Rs. 25,000 (Rupees Twenty
Five Thousand only) to the Corporation. The candidate will have to submit an Indemnity Bond of Rs. 25,000/- (Rupees Twenty Five Thousand only) duly stamped and executed by a Surety of sound financial standing and not related to the candidate. The stamp value of the Bond will be as applicable to the State
in which the bond is executed.
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates are necessarily required to apply On-line through LIC’s website under the heading “Careers” http://www.licindia.in/careers.htm. No other means/mode of applications will be accepted. Applicants are first required to go to the LIC’s website www.licindia.in and click on the “Careers” to open the link “ON-LINE APPLICATION FOR LIC ADO’s RECRUITMENT EXAM 2012-13”. Thereafter, open the Recruitment Notification and take a print out of the entire Recruitment Notification.
1. Candidates satisfying the conditions of eligibility as on 01.11.2012 are required to log in to the LIC’s website under the heading “Careers” http://www.licindia.in/careers.htm.for submission of applications on-line. Once the candidate clicks the relevant on-line application link titled “ON-LINE APPLICATION FOR LIC ADO’s RECRUITMENT EXAM 2012-13”, it redirects the candidates to the on-line registration page. The candidate is required to keep the details about bio-data ready to enable him/her to fill up the application form correctly. The name of the candidate or his/her father/husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the certificates/mark sheets.
2. Before applying online a candidate will be required to have a scanned(digital) image of his/her photograph and signature as per the specifications given in Annexure-I
3. In the event of the candidate not able to fill the data in one go, candidate can save the data already entered. When the data is saved, registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the registration number and password. Email and SMS indicating the Registration Number and Password will be sent. Candidates can reopen the saved data using Registration Number and Password and edit the particulars, if needed. This facility will be available for three times in all. Once the application is filled completely, candidate should submit the data. Candidates should take a printout of the system generated fee payment challan immediately. No change/alteration will be allowed thereafter. The registration at this stage is provisional.
Note. Candidates can log on for Registration of Applications on the dates given below:
Opening date of On-Line Registration.:- 22.11.2012
Payment of Application Fees. :- 24.11.2012 to 29.12.2012
Closing Date for On-line Registration. :- 22.12.2012
Download of Call letter for On-Line Examination :- 20.01.2013 onwards
Candidates will have to visit the website under the heading “Careers”
http://www.licindia.in/careers.htm for downloading call letters for on-line test from
20.01.2013 onwards from the given link hosted on LIC’s website.
For More Detail click Here http://www.licindia.in/careers_pop0001.htm